Lenovo Yoga Multimode 10-inch Tablet review & price


Lenovo Yoga Multimode 10-inch Tablet review & price



I'm finally free to use a tablet the way I want without being a slave to power management. I can keep the display as bright as I want, set a liberal inactivity time out, and run all the services and background tasks I want on Lenovo Yoga Multimode tablet without having to worry about the battery running out. It even has speakers that are loud enough to hear without having to resort to using a volume boost app or earbuds. It doesn't have the greatest specs but I'm pleased with the performance. It's very responsive to touch, apps launch fast, and webpages load quickly. My main use for a tablet is media consumption; recorded and streamed. I was a bit worried about the resolution being less than cutting edge, but video is crisp and clear. It's handled every media format and video resolution I've thrown at it without a stutter. Works very well with crackle and streaming with plex. Performance is much better than my Galaxy 2 Tab.

I'm using a 32GB micro-SD card with it and plan to pick up a C&E CNE16187 Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter for additional versatility. I bought my
Lenovo Yoga Multimode directly from Lenovo because they offer a 32GB version that only costs $10 more than the 16GB model. While it would be nice to have a higher resolution display, the usability of this tablet more than makes up for Lenovo Yoga Multimode . Hopefully it sells well so manufacturers realize that cramming in as many pixels per inch and using the fastest processor doesn't make for a better experience if you have to tweak settings so the battery doesn't die before you finish your task.

I doubt if the battery will ever last me 18 hours because of the way I use the tablet with no regard to power-saving. It had 71% battery remaining after watching a 3 hour sports event streamed live. That's using bluetooth, wifi, display brightness turned up, and GPS on. That projects to 10+ hours battery life. I can easily see it lasting a lot longer performing less demanding tasks and using more conservative settings.



 I got my lenovo yoga 10 a few days ago, and I must say so far it has been excellent. Before buying this tablet I had significant concerns about the screen, as it got blasted in several reviews for having a horrible quality screen that isn't even suitable for watching standard definition shows on, has horrible colors that are washed out and text that is barely readable. The reality is none of this is the case. There are obviously better displays on the market that look incredible, but that is to take nothing away from the Lenovo Yoga Multimode . I have found the screen to be crisp and clear with good color reproduction. Furthermore, the resolution of the screen is better than that of an iPad 2, which continues to be on sale by Apple. I have never seen one comment complaining about how poor and unwatchable that screen is. Another major complaint was gaming and how the Yoga is underpowered to the point where it can't handle games. Shadowgun,both dead triggers, spiderman, minecraft, iron man, and gta3 are the games I've played on it so far. None have had a problem with dropped frames and are completely fine. The load times might be 10 seconds longer than on my droid DNA, but also my phone drops frames on nearly all these games when this thing runs them all fine. My only complaint so far is the overlay on Android Lenovo decided to go with. Its awful. Not slow, but just ugly. I replaced it with Nova launcher and now we are good to go. Battery is incredible, construction is great, and I have zero regrets on this purchase. Dont listen to the reviews and I promise you won't be disappointed. Most reviewers only like the best spec thing out at the moment and don't take into consideration price or what the average user might want in a tablet. This tablet does everything I could possibly ask of it with no issues. This review was written on my Yoga tablet with the onscreen keyboard. I ordered the matching keyboard from lenovo but it didn't come in yet. 

 Lenovo Yoga Multimode photos



Lenovo Yoga Multimode

Lenovo Yoga Multimode

Lenovo Yoga Multimode

Lenovo Yoga Multimode

Lenovo Yoga Multimode

 Price: $230.68 from amazon

 

 

Thanks for reading and I hope this review helps.

 

see also 

 

Lenovo IdeaTab A10-70 tablet review

 

 

 

 





No comments

Powered by Blogger.