ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1-Inch Tablet review

ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1-Inch Tablet


ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1 is very slick in both style and design. I would compare it to the elegance of the Ipad. The device is also very light, and I have no problems holding it hours on end. Even while reading e-books and supporting it on my chest its lighter then a real book. Watching 1080p videos on this is incredible and the built-in speaker sounds pretty good too.

We also have a Plex Media server in our house. I installed the Plex Android Client on the tablet and tried streaming both 720 and 1080 content. The streaming performance was outstanding. Not one glitch even when moving from floor to floor. The other cool thing is you can do is output the tablets video through the micro-hdmi connector to your TV. Wow. We have a a TV in our basement that's not connected to cable so I decided to try it. It was just like having a blu-ray player on the TV! I also tried Netflix, Hulu and Crackle. Both performed without any issues. I can't wait to travel for work with this thing! No more boring nights in the hotel room.


When I bought ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1 I knew it didn't have cellular conductivity, but that didn't bother me since I always carry my Android phone. What you need to do if you don't have WiFi, but have a phone with data is install a tethering app on your phone. This allows your phone to function as a WiFi access point to which your tablet can connect to. I use this on my quite a bit with my laptop. The tablet works the same.

I recently got the keyboard dock and this really extends the functionality of the ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1. For one if your typing quite a bit the keyboard vs the screen is much more productive. Two, the dock also has another battery which extends the battery life to 14.5. It also contains an SD card slot and a USB port. I bought the TF201 dock which is used on the older "Prime" unit, but it does work on the "Infinity". This will save you $50 if you want the dock. Use Goggle there blowing out the old docks for $99 bucks.

Updates

-------
Asus recently announced that Jelly Bean is coming for

ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1

in the next few months!.
The latest firmware update from 7-28-12 fixed the slow usb transfer speeds. ver: 9.4.5.26

Pros of ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1

Super fast performance.
Love the IPS screen mode when using the tablet outside.
Touch is very accurate.
Screen size is perfect for reading a full size html website and ebooks.
Outstanding Video performance.
Front and rear cameras. Quality seems pretty good, but not as good as standalone camera.
GPS performance is great, even inside my house. I use the CoPilot app.
Side button placement does not interfere with your hand placement irregardless of the tablets orientation. The buttons also take a good amount of pressure to engage, thus when its sitting on something (like your lap) the button wont accidentally get pressed.
WiFi conductivity is excellent. No problems connecting and maintaining connections. Signal strength is great.

Cons of ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1

No 5Ghz wireless N support. Only 2.4 Ghz is supported.
Not running the latest Android OS (Jelly Bean).
Internal speaker is on the back of unit. Sound is muffled if its laying down on ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1




ASUS TF700T-B1-GR 10.1-Inch Tablet photos












No comments

Powered by Blogger.