Dragon Touch® 7'' Black Dual Core Y88 Google Android 4.1 Tablet PC review

Dragon Touch® 7'' Black Dual Core Y88 Google Android 4.1 Tablet PC review


I knew what I wanted when I purchased it and I did my research. I wanted an entry level android tablet. I have an android mini pc and know a lot about how to mod Android so the next step was to find a cheap tablet and get used to it before getting something like a galaxy or a nexus.

So there are a few things I would suggest people take into consideration before purchasing this product.
For me this tablet was a really good buy, at $79.00 it was what I needed to work into using a tablet more often. There are some other things that were a factor.

Pros:

The mini HDMI port is a really nice feature. I hooked it up to my big screen, and did get the full resolution which was really nice and impressive for such a little guy (you tube, hulu and netflix all looked nice).
The dual core processor is a step above anything else you can get for 79$ (ish).
The micro USB was also a nice touch and can be used in a variety of ways.
The standard screen resolution was higher than most of the models in the price range. (1024 x 600) And while it does not touch the quality of retina displays it is still nice on this little device.
While browsing is not screaming fast It does seem to browse the internet at pretty good speeds.
Sound is alright on the speaker (not great) but the head phone sound is much better (another reason the HDMI is a nice touch).
It is nice to have a TF card slot (Micro SD) and it can take up to 32 GB, but this is nothing too special for this type of device- keep in mind android has some limitations, for instance depending on the version it might be much harder to store your apps on the TF card.
The g sensor is standard and the touch capabilities of the screen seem to work well (once again this is not an ipad).
The wi-fi is standard, nothing special for me.
The front and back cameras are nice, but a fair shot from great.
The device it’s self is light weight and has nice dimensions for a mid-size tablet it seems to be fairly durable.
Lastly the arrival was prompt for me, it was free shipping through Amazon prime and it came on time. The box was nice and well packaged and the cord and charger were in the box with the instructions.

Dragon Touch® 7'' Black Dual Core Y88 Google Android 4.1 Tablet PC review

Cons:

Here is where the device lost the star- the biggest issue I had with this device is the battery could be better- I can get 3-4 hours of use at a time. Almost a week of standby / moderate use, However it seems to charge fast.
The second thing that I must point out is that the screen, although the resolution is not too bad for the size, is not glass. It also discolors if you are looking from extreme angles and has moderate glare in lighting. It is harder to see outside.
The speaker on the device could use some improvement- I don’t use it I use head phones anyway.
Although durable, I would not give this to children under 10.

Dragon Touch® 7'' Black Dual Core Y88 Google Android 4.1 Tablet PC review

Conclusion:

Most likely one of the best you can get for 79$ (ish). It is solid value for the price, it does function, great for email, Netflix / hulu, light gaming works well, internet use is good, Google play has all the apps you could need. I like this device and consider it something worth what I paid for. However, If you are a tech savvy person with more money to spend- you know what you want, and coming for a tech back ground myself this device will not impress you too much, or disappoint you too much either.



Dragon Touch® 7'' Black Dual Core Y88 Google Android 4.1 Tablet PC photos

Dragon Touch® 7'' Black Dual Core Y88

Dragon Touch® 7'' Black Dual Core Y88

Dragon Touch® 7'' Black Dual Core Y88

Dragon Touch® 7'' Black Dual Core Y88

Dragon Touch® 7'' Black Dual Core Y88



No comments

Powered by Blogger.