nabi jr tablet full review about

nabi jr tablet full review about


nabi jr tablet  PROS:

-It's rechargeable, so you're not running through batteries like crazy.
-You don't have to buy cartridges to use nabi jr tablet like you have to do with the innotab and leap pad.
-It already comes loaded with age appropriate games/puzzles. My son loves most of them (especially the puzzles).
-Comes in handy when my kid starts getting cranky on shopping trips and having a meal at a restaurant.
- nabi jr tablet  Able to connect to Wi-Fi.
-Has a Mommy/Daddy mode that's password protected (you can also access a web browser and e-mail from this mode).
-You can have different user profiles on it, so when my youngest son gets older they could technically share a nabi, but I'll probably just get him a new one since the price is so competitive, $99 is not bad at all.
-Able to download Amazon App Store. If apps are not free, they're only about $.99 - $3.99. Still better than $19 cartridge for a leap pad.
- nabi jr tablet  Compatible with Netflix (however, I did have to go into my Netflix settings to configure the video quality. This way, my child's TV shows and movies run smoothe on his Nabi Jr. Not really a big deal, he doesn't have complaints, and rarely watches Netflix on it anyways).
-Has a rotating camera that takes pictures as well as videos. (Just FYI: There are two plastic films over the camera which you need to take off so pictures don't look so blurred).
-Has nice grippy bumpers that work! (He's dropped it on the pavement by accident getting out of the car, thrown it purposely [though I haven't let him do that again] when he got frustrated the first time, and it survived without a a scratch).

 

nabi jr tablet CONS:

-While nabi jr tablet  rechargeable, the battery life doesn't very long. Maybe 4-5 hours of non stop playing and unfortunatley it takes just as long (if not longer) to recharge it back to full power.

-After a week our nabi jr tablet. stopped charging. I contacted Nabi through Facebook, and we figured out that it was the wall adapter/charger that stopped working. I was then told that the company couldn't send me a replacement charger because they haven't officially released the nabi jr. yet. They encouraged me to return the whole thing back to Walmart (where I bought it) or wait until it is officially released, and then fill out the necessary paperwork to get a new one. Fortunately, I had an extra wall adapter from my HTC cell phone which solved this problem for me. I read a review by another parent complaining about the same problem, and it only validated my hesitation in going with that route. Why would I return the entire tablet (which already has a good amount of new apps downloaded on it) with the broken charger just so I can get a new charger that's only going to break in another week or so anyways? Fix this Nabi.

-It comes with a fake stylus. This is just so silly to me, really Nabi? You couldn't just include it? Oh but wait, not only do you not include it, it's not even available for sale yet! In fact, most of the accessories for nabi jr. have not gone on sale yet. I wanted to buy a screen protector, no such luck. However, I did keep on screen you're supposed to peal off on. I just snipped off the little tab in which you're supposed pull it off with, and smoothed out the little air bubble. Worked out well for me, I didn't have to spend extra money, and it was already perfectly placed on while in factory).

Lastly, I have an issue with the free apps which have ads. Unfortunately if your kid taps on the ad, it'll bypass Mommy/Daddy mode where they are now able to buy/download/install this new app they just tapped on. Does that make sense? This is a chink in Nabi's parental controls. I've tried talking to them about it, to see if there was a solution, but they just gave me a bunch of runaround answers, and refused to admit that this was a loophole for game developers.

Despite all the cons, my kid loves his nabi, and I've learned to keep the Wi-Fi off so he doesn't accidentally start charging things to my debit card. I'm actually very impressed with how helpful it's been as a learning tool. I watch him play on it and I can see the gears in his brain working lol. Nabi also made 5 apps free for download to help with autistic children. I think this is wonderful. It may be a marketing tool, but I still think its great they've picked a route that's mutually beneficial.

 nabi jr tablet photos

nabi jr tablet

nabi jr tablet

nabi jr tablet

nabi jr tablet


1 comment:

  1. if you are interested in security or any related topics, you should take a look at our blog with plenty of articles, discussions and other cool stuff on this topic.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.