Dragon Touch A1X 10.1" Quad Core Google Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet PC review 2014

Dragon Touch A1X 10.1" Quad Core Google Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet PC review 2014


Dragon Touch A1X 10.1" Quad Core Google Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet PC review 2014



Dragon Touch budget tablet with a budget price. Amazing that this level of technology (quad core CPU+ octa core GPU) is available for only $109.99. I just received Dragon Touch one week ago, I charged it for 10 hours before using it. The screen is responsive and easy to use. I have played two Netflix movies with the tablet and the battery still have 20% left. I have owned another tablet Vuru 10" before, but its battery cannot even last for two movies.

I originally bought a little 7" for around $50 because I will be taking an Android developer class this coming semester. I didn't want to spend so much on it that I would be heartbroken if I screwed it up in the process. However, the tablet I got only sported a dual-core processor with a meager 512MB of RAM, making it painfully sluggish to use. I ended up selling it to my room-mate and looking for something with a little more grunt. The Dragon Touch A1X is what I ended up buying, instead.

Pros:

Dragon Touch a great little tablet for the money. The quad-core processor makes screen movement and program launch smooth and quick. The 8-core GPU makes 3D games and backgrounds look and act exactly as they should. The 1GB of RAM makes everything work together seamlessly and without major hitches. Having the newest Android firmware, 4.4.2 KitKat already pre-installed is a treat. Typically tablets and phones in this price range rarely come with the newest firmware and usually do not have the needed hardware to make an upgrade viable. No worries, here. Dragon Touch also has dedicated USB and Host ports, making the use of external keyboard/mouse/thumbdrive/etc. supported.


Cons:
No dedicated GPS. You do get what you pay for and for $99 (bought from another seller), you know you're either going to have to skimp on the quality of your parts, or leave a thing or two off the final design. Personally, I didn't mind that they went this route in favor of the better performing hardware. Rudimentary Location Services do still work as long as you have an internet connection, however.

I added a couple of extra products to make my tablet experience complete:

* While the onscreen keyboard is responsive and adequate for my purposes, I am an old school kind of guy and do prefer the tactile feel of a keyboard I can actually touch. Since I needed a case anyway, I found a combination of the two and it has worked very well. 10 inch USB Leather Keyboard Case Pouch Cover Holder for 10.1'' Tablet PC Epad Apad MID

* The keyboard case comes with a USB-B to Micro-USB adapter cable, but the end is not angled. I prefer a clean look so also picked up a better adapter that works well with the case: Pair Left + Right 90d Angled Micro USB B Male to USB a Female Host OTG Adapters

All in all, I am very happy with my purchase and the money I spent. If you're looking for a decently built, mid-sized tablet for a relatively small price, look no further. It's not perfect, but for just shy of $100, you're not going to find many with the same specs.


 Dragon Touch A1X 10.1" Quad Core Google Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet PC  photos


Dragon Touch A1X 10.1" Quad Core Google Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet PC review 2014


Dragon Touch A1X 10.1" Quad Core Google Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet PC review 2014

Dragon Touch A1X 10.1" Quad Core Google Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet PC review 2014

Dragon Touch A1X 10.1" Quad Core Google Android 4.4 KitKat Tablet PC review 2014



No comments

Powered by Blogger.